Good Golly Mr. Rolly!

We finally got a dog. I am so excited! He is so much work, but we love him. We actually didn't plan on Rolly though. I knew I wanted to rescue and I was not so much interested in puppy training. We had our sights set on a 2 year old poodle mix named Taz. So Saturday we took a nearly 2 hour trip to go meet Taz. He was being fostered on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Once we got there another dog (a beagle mix) kept following us all around. The foster mom brought out and he was very timid. She said she could tell he had been abused by his previous own and he was lacking confidence. We decided to take him away from all the other dogs to see how he liked us. However, the beagle mix continued to follow us. Eventually the other dog left and I sat down with Taz. Little did I know the beagle mix was sneaking up behind me. They started growling at each other and I went to stand up to break up their fight and Taz bit me. I'm sure he didn't do this on purpose and he was just trying to keep me from the other dog.

We didn't have a lot of requirements for a dog, but we did not want an aggressive one. We don't feel we are equipped to help rehabilitate an aggressive dog and we didn't want to risk it being around our neices and the Wiebers.  So the foster worker asked if we wanted a puppy. She had Pomeranian mixes that had just come in the night before. 6 were gone, but there were 2 boys left. I instantly loved Rolly's attitude. His brother was running around like crazy while he sat there lazily. We played with him for a minute and we decided to get him. It was pretty shocking since we had mulled over Taz for so long, but Rolly was so sweet.

So here we are puppy training. Not so much fun, but Rolly is a good boy (so far). I hope he stays that way. We are following the Dog Whisperer's method and it seems to be going pretty well. Rolly can come and sit already.

Some of you may be wondering about his name. It's pronounced Rawl-Lee. It's short for my maiden name, Rolston. Here are some pics. It is exceedingly difficult to get a puppy to sit still for a picture so they aren't so great.
Pin It

3 comments:

The Snavelys said...

I love Rolly he is sooo cute and looks so sweet! I want a dog so bad!

Leigh Ann Reeves said...

Oh he is so cute! I cannot believe you finally have your dog! Cant wait to meet him!

Debbie Burns said...

He is SO cute!