Eventually these things started to drive us crazy and we decided to do a mini update on the yard.
We ripped up the mulch that was to the left of the walkway. We also ripped out all of the current bushes and plants.
Then we filled in the holes and covered everything with new soil because the old was pretty rocky and terrible.
These two bushes just weren't working. They only bloomed for a very short period of time and just looked scrawny.
Next, we laid sod to the left of the walkway. I think it was an immediate improvement.
Oops, we didn't buy enough!
As soon as the hurricane leaves town I'll give you an after picture! Stay tuned!