So, as most of you have heard we bought a house last month. We are loving it! We have done so much work. Sadly the only before pictures are on John's phone so I don't have those, but I will upload later. I do have some photos from today. The house is a bit messy, but you get the general idea.
It is a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse with a finished basement. It has an awesome new kitchen and new deck. It's on the small side, but just right for us. We love the neighborhood. It's super quiet and safe so far. Our neighbors are awesome a mowed out lawn for us when we first moved in since we don't have a mower yet.
I feel the need to publish a list of all we did because it makes me feel validated. Ha-ha!
1. New Carpet (Which is awesome and soft!)
2. Painted all of the celings (Tracy and Grandpa Hagedorn came and helped with most of it!)
3. Painted the entire first floor
4. Painted upstairs hallway and both bedrooms
5. Changed light fixtures
6. Painted banisters
7. Painted trim on stairs
8. Currently working on trim in entire house
9. Re-did the closets- This was our biggest project. Lucky Ed came out and did 99% of the work. The closets were pretty weird and the door opening went floor to ceiling and had old metal doors. 2 of the closets didn't have doors. Ed framed them out and drywalled them so we could put up normal sized bifold doors. We also hung new rods in them. I never thought closets would make me so happy. I want to hug them! Thanks Ed!
10. Ripped out the shelving in the utility room
11. Scrubbed basement floor with bleach (twice) because it spelled like cat pee :-(
12. Ripped out drywall in utility room
13. Ripped out a portion of the carpet downstairs that was soiled by cats
14. Filled in drywall holes throughout the house and redid drywall in corner of living room
15. Took down all vents and attic door and re-painted white
16. Took down medicine cabinet in powder room and put up a new mirror
17. Primed master bathroom
18. Ripped out flowers in front yard and discovered a stump which we have to remove :-(
19. Removed bedroom doors and we plan on replacing them but we haven't gotten to it yet. Don't worry the bathrooms still have doors
20. Put a strip of caulking along the baseboards to make the horseshoe molding look more modern.
21. Put caulking around bottoms of windows to make it look better
22. Bought new bedroom furniture. I achieved my dream of owning a sleigh bed!