Budget Savvy Headboard

I found this project idea on the Better Homes and Gardens website.
Patchwork Headboard
Use scraps of coordinating fabrics to create a modern patchwork-effect headboard. To make the headboard, cut 8-inch squares from stiff florist's foam and 1/4-inch plywood. Cut 8-inch squares from quilt batting and place over foam squares. Glue all layers with Styroglue. Cut fabric into squares large enough to wrap the foam squares with at least a 1/2 -inch overlap on the back. Staple fabric to the back with a staple gun. Cut a piece of 1/4-inch plywood a few inches wider than your mattress on both sides. Line up the squares facedown in your desired pattern and attach them to each other with heavy-duty tape. Top them with the plywood, and drill wood screws at 8-inch intervals to secure all the layers. Attach ring hooks to the back of the plywood to hang the headboard on the wall.
Pin It

3 comments:

ESN said...

I love this one. I might even try it...hmmmmmm.
I'm so impressed with everything you are finding. I want to see your house when you've done all of this great stuff!

Lizard said...

I have wanted for a while to make this type of headboard, but I'm afraid it will looking too cheesy/cheap when I get done, then what will I do??

The Loops said...

Liz, sell it on Eetsy! LOl