I Got New Job!!!

As many of you know I haven't had the best of luck with jobs. I seem to have no problem getting them. The problem is I pick the ones that have me working 55 hours a week and don't allow me to have a life. About 2 weeks ago I got a call from a family I knew through someone at church whose nanny had recently quit. They were in a bit of a pinch and wanted to meet with me right away. I wasn't really sure if I was ready to step out of the corporate world and into the private childcare world, but it was something I had been thinking about for a while. So I went and met with them and they were so nice and they kids were super cute. So I told them I would take a few days to think about it. By Saturday I knew it was really the right things for me and on Monday I accepted the offer. Not only do I get to hang out with some great kids, but they are giving me tons of freedom on determining the kids activities and schedules. In addition, I really feel like they want me to have a great experience. It's better hour, more vacation, more flexibility, and most importantly I feel like I am actually valued as an employee. Also, they are fine with me having kids and sill being there nanny. Now we can actually consider the possibility of having children instead of being chained to my job. Tomorrow if my first day. Wish me luck!
Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krista Lou Cook said...

Good luck good luck good luck!! I loved being a nanny. I actually still nanny for one of my families. 5 yrs now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you are loving it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.