Wall Transformation

There are many eyesores in our house that we are slowly trying to improve. One of the worst culprits was this wall smack in the middle of our house. The builders has the brilliant idea of placing the thermostat, the humidifier, and the doorbell right in the middle of the wall. Not to mention, no one in Maryland needs a humidifier!

Anyway here is how it looked before. Attractive huh?


So we had an electrician come out to remove the humidifier and the thermostat. We moved the doorbell and upgraded to a digital thermostat.


See it already looks better. Sorry for the poor light. One of the perils of nighttime home improvement.


Then my husband made these super cute shelves for me since we don't have a mantel and I really needed a focal point to decorate. Doesn't it look much better? The only problem is, I am having some real issues decorating it. I have tons of ideas for Christmas and I can't wait to come up with something then, but I am struggling at the moment. Here is what I have so far...




I am thinking a bookpage wreath, which is what all the little paper rosettes are for on the shelf. Any ideas? Please fee free to link back to any ideas you may have. What are your trouble areas in your house?





Pin It

3 comments:

Amy Waller said...

Hey!! I love the new shelves!! They look great. Have you seen Shelley @ The House of Smith's shelves? Here's a link to how she decorates them everyday, but she also has links for how she decorates them for Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc.

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/08/decorating-shelves-everyday-kitchen.html

Good luck!!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a book page wreath!!

Julie said...

Hi, Meg! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your new shelves! I have some in my breakfast room that I decorate with each season. You're gonna love yours!